|Medical Supply Store||Surgical Virus Mask||Surgical Products/||Healthy Medical Care||Black Friday 2020|
Subscribe and 🔔 to OFFICIAL BBC YouTube 👉
Stream original BBC programmes FIRST on BBC iPlayer 👉
🔘 Subscribe and 🔔 to BBC News 👉
🔘 Stream BBC News live on BBC iPlayer 🔴
🔘 Coronavirus / Covid-19 information: What should I do? 👉
🔘 Follow BBC News live updates here 👉
What did we learn from today’s UK briefing?
Prime Minister Boris Johnson led today’s government press conference.
He was accompanied by the government’s chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance, and Peter Horby, professor of emerging infectious diseases and global health at the University of Oxford.
* The government says that it has adequate supplies of a drug, dexamethasone, that has shown success in saving the lives of people who become seriously ill from coronavirus, including enough for any second peak of cases
* The drug does not have an effect on patients who do not have breathing difficulties, but reduces the risk of death for those who require oxygen or ventilation
* Treating eight intensive care coronavirus patients with the drug will cost £40 and on average save one life
* Sir Patrick emphasised that the drug does not stop people catching the disease or going into hospital, so does not lessen the need for social distancing
* Doctors can prescribe the drug from today, as it is already in stock in hospitals and can be quickly manufactured
Follow the story 👉
Coronavirus: Dexamethasone proves first life-saving drug. A cheap and widely available drug can help save the lives of patients seriously ill with coronavirus. The low-dose steroid treatment dexamethasone is a major breakthrough in the fight against the deadly virus, UK experts say.
Get the full story 👉
BBC News Live | Coronavirus Press Conference | UK Government Daily Press Briefing | BBC
#BBC #BBCiPlayer #BBCNews #BBCCoronavirus #Coronavirus #Covid-19 #CoronavirusOutbreak #Corona #CoronavirusUK
All our TV channels and S4C are available to watch live through BBC iPlayer, although some programmes may not be available to stream online due to rights. If you would like to read more on what types of programmes are available to watch live, check the ‘Are all programmes that are broadcast available on BBC iPlayer?’ FAQ 👉
|Today's Discount||Best Buy Today||Flash Deals Today||10% off more||25% off more|